Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tighter broken where buy

Hi Bigger

My wing nut on the Tighter is broken. I am from Germany and was today in the market. I think we have in Germany diferent nuts. Can you help me? Du you have for me the Number from the nuts. We have in Germany M4 and M5 and both did not pass.

Re: Tighter broken where buy

E1R,

>My wing nut on the Tighter is broken.<

How in the world did it break?

>I think we have in Germany diferent nuts.<

>Can you help me?<

Yes, that is an English unit, #8 wing nut. Might as well get a couple along with new 2.5 inch, #8, round head, machine screws.

Bigger

Comment

I had several problems with slipage and Penisrotation in the Hanger. The last time I tried to tighten the Hanger more. And today was the thread of the wing nut broken. Maybe I did make it a little to thight. The srew seems to be ok. I will go tomorow to the market und try it with M5.

Comment

Hello Bigger

<Yes, that is an English unit, #8 wing nut. Might as well get a couple along with new 2.5 inch, #8, round head, machine screws.>

Du you know where in Germany I can buy this wing nut? I was today in the Market and buy a M4 screw with M4 nut and wing nut. The Problem is that the M4 nut that is on the on the round head is to small.

Comment

E1R,

>Du you know where in Germany I can buy this wing nut?<

No idea. I can send you some, for shipping costs.

Be sure you are using a light oil, or Vaseline, on the top bolt.

Bigger

Comment

I replace the bottom two adjustments bolts with german bolts and I have now two wing nuts for the top bolt. Thank you Bigger for you support.

Comment

E1R,

>I replace the bottom two adjustments bolts with german bolts and I have now two wing nuts for the top bolt.<

Did you replace the two bottom bolts exactly the way they were?

Bigger

Comment

did you try importing from the UK? Shipping from there usually runs quite cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X