Bib Starter Top Washer/nut won't slide over correctly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bib Starter Top Washer/nut won't slide over correctly

I used to have a Bib hanger (can't recall if i had the starter or regular) but had to toss it about a year ago when my gf moved in with me. It was super easy and a pleasure to work with.

I just bought a Big Starter, and regardless of how wide or narrow i set the bottom two wing nuts, when the bottom is tight, I cannot slip the top screw/washer combo without exerting a ton of force.
    Thus when i actually do get the top screw out, and put penis in shaft, there is no practical way to close it (slide the top washer/screw into set position).

I'm not sure if the top screw is too short or I am just rusty on how to make the adjustments.

denutza,

>I just bought a Big Starter, and regardless of how wide or narrow i set the bottom two wing nuts, when the bottom is tight, I cannot slip the top screw/washer combo without exerting a ton of force.<

You are using it wrong. The bottom two wing nuts are NOT tightening nuts. You must adjust the inner hex nuts, then replace the right side skid, align the two sides, then snug down the outer wing nuts. Getting the right internal hex nut adjustments is a trial and error process.

It might help you to reread the product guide a time or two.

>Thus when i actually do get the top screw out, and put penis in shaft, there is no practical way to close it (slide the top washer/screw into set position).<

It sounds like you need to move the bottom hex nut adjustments out some. Then, be sure you are putting your shaft low in the shaft well.

>I'm not sure if the top screw is too short or I am just rusty on how to make the adjustments.<

Those are the same screws I have always used, except they are now stainless.

Bigger

Comment

I left out the part about adjusting the inner hex nuts, but i was already doing this...I set the outer (near head) hex nut, further away than the inner hex nut to let the tightner screw align properly.
      I've experimented setting the hex nuts in the middle, all the way in, and nearly all the way out (all without penis just to figure out this problem) and regardless the top tightner washer always gives me a hard time sliding over the tightner groove.

So is it normal for the washer to have to be "popped" over the tightner groove? My previous bib/washer seemed to just glide right over the groove and into place no problem.

Comment

denutza,

>I've experimented setting the hex nuts in the middle, all the way in, and nearly all the way out (all without penis just to figure out this problem) and regardless the top tightner washer always gives me a hard time sliding over the tightner groove.

So is it normal for the washer to have to be "popped" over the tightner groove? My previous bib/washer seemed to just glide right over the groove and into place no problem.<

I think I understand what you mean. It is not unusual for the plastic on the left side hex nut seat to be tight when they are first made. You may need to lift it up with a little bit of force to get it over the right side, until the left side loosens up. It should not take that long.

But just to be sure...You are adjusting the inner hex nuts so that when the hanger is very tight, the top teeth are slightly meshed, and the bottom gap is larger than the top gap, right?

Bigger

Comment

Yeah it was tighter than my first one. and took more adjusting and force than i thought, but it is working just fine now.

Comment

denutza,

>Yeah it was tighter than my first one. and took more adjusting and force than i thought, but it is working just fine now.<

Good. Thanks for letting me know.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X