Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerned about turkey neck. Would starter or regular be better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about turkey neck. Would starter or regular be better?

I already have fairly bad turkey neck, so I don't want to make it any worse than I have to. Does either model offer any advantage over the other as far as this is concerned?

okc_smoker,

>I already have fairly bad turkey neck, so I don't want to make it any worse than I have to. Does either model offer any advantage over the other as far as this is concerned?<

It will not make a difference. Turkey neck occurs because during a stretch, or while hanging, the top and sides of the shaft skin may stretch. But the stretch simply "borrows" scrotal skin on bottom. So the bottom shaft skin does not stretch much if at all.

Here is the solution:

OK, this is very simple, once you learn to do it correctly...Wrap the entire shaft for hanging. On the last pass, at the base, you will make the tension on the wrap stronger. When you wrapped you should have been pulling the skin back toward the base with each pass, including the bottom shaft skin. Then after the wrap is taped, with the tension on the last pass, hold the wrapped bundle at the base in an OK grip, and pull the scrotal skin out from under the wrap. Repeat pulling the skin out after every set.

Note: you may be wrapping over scrotal skin. That is fine. Just pull it out from under the wrap. The wrapped bundle should be tight enough at the base, to hold the skin in the stretched state. Over time, this will stretch the bottom shaft skin, and prevent/cure turkey neck.

You will notice flaking on the bottom shaft skin, scrotal skin, over time, as it stretches.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post

Here is the solution:

OK, this is very simple, once you learn to do it correctly...Wrap the entire shaft for hanging. On the last pass, at the base, you will make the tension on the wrap stronger. When you wrapped you should have been pulling the skin back toward the base with each pass, including the bottom shaft skin. Then after the wrap is taped, with the tension on the last pass, hold the wrapped bundle at the base in an OK grip, and pull the scrotal skin out from under the wrap. Repeat pulling the skin out after every set.

Note: you may be wrapping over scrotal skin. That is fine. Just pull it out from under the wrap. The wrapped bundle should be tight enough at the base, to hold the skin in the stretched state. Over time, this will stretch the bottom shaft skin, and prevent/cure turkey neck.

You will notice flaking on the bottom shaft skin, scrotal skin, over time, as it stretches.

Bigger
      Excellent, thanks! Does this work with any wrapping material or is Theraband recommended? I typically use a strip of sweatshirt material.

Comment

okc_smoker,

>Excellent, thanks! Does this work with any wrapping material or is Theraband recommended? I typically use a strip of sweatshirt material.<

No, you must use Tband, or something like it, that will grasp the skin and hold it, once you have pulled it out.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
        X