Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bib hanger components slightly bent

Hi bib,

I just received the hardcore, and after hanging for a couple sets I notice that one of the adjustment bolts is slightly bent, and the hinge's edges on either side are also slightly bent upwards. I'm assuming that it came like this because I have barely used it, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong that was leading to this warping?

Thanks

Tommybananas,

>I just received the hardcore, and after hanging for a couple sets I notice that one of the adjustment bolts is slightly bent, and the hinge's edges on either side are also slightly bent upwards. I'm assuming that it came like this because I have barely used it, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong that was leading to this warping?<

It is supposed to be like that.

Bigger

Comment

Ok, good to know. Thank you for this incredible piece of hanging technology. This thing is night and day compared to my captains wench. Game changer. Already up 2 pounds.

Comment

Tommybananas,

>Ok, good to know. Thank you for this incredible piece of hanging technology. This thing is night and day compared to my captains wench. Game changer. Already up 2 pounds.<

Please do not do that. Follow the stress progression in the NOS email. You must give time for the soft tissues to adapt to the new lateral compression stresses. If you do not, you will probably find that you have to drop back, and it will slow progress.

Bigger

Comment

Ok, I will slow down.
          1 more question:
          You said in a different post "When looking through the back of the hanger, the inner fingers should be like this, / \. This means the gap between the bottom padding on the teeth should be wider than the top padding on the teeth. The top teeth, for most guys, should be slightly meshed, or close. The bottom teeth, for most guys, should not be meshed."
          My question is which part is the top and which is the bottom. Is the top the part that is closer to the ground when hanging?

Thanks.

Comment

Tommybananas8,

>My question is which part is the top and which is the bottom. Is the top the part that is closer to the ground when hanging?<

The top of the hanger is where the top tightening bolt is. Those are the top teeth where the top tightening bolt goes through.

Bigger

Comment

Tommy,

To be clear, there is only one tightening bolt...at the top of the hanger. The two bottom bolts allow easy access to the inner adjustment hex nuts. The hanger must be aligned, and the two bottom wing nuts snugged down, before the hanger is attached.

Bigger

Comment

Ok, that makes sense. So the spacing on the two bottom wing nuts should be equal? Or could one be slightly tighter than the other?

Comment

slightly larger*

Comment

Tommybananas,

>Ok, that makes sense. So the spacing on the two bottom wing nuts should be equal? Or could one be slightly tighter than the other?<

I hope you mean the adjustments on the internal hex nuts. The two bottom wing nuts just tighten down to hold the two sides static in relation to each other.

As far as the internal hex nuts, it is a matter of personal preference, comfort. Some guys like the internal hex nuts about equal. Many like the front hex nut out further than the back...toeing out. A few like the front hex nut in closer than the back...toeing in.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                    X