Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Hurdles

Hi Bib

I have a couple of questions, which im hoping you'll have the time to answer?

Skin Stretching: You have said that the first step is to stretch the skin, and then move onto internals. However, the only way i can seem to get the hangar to 'grip' is when the skin at the base of the shaft is taunt. If i 'smooth' the skin toward the base too much (note that i am uncut) when i wrap, the hangar just wants to ride all the way back down toward the head until the skin is taking the weight again.
    Q: If i am always reliant on skin to get the hangar to 'grip', will i ever be able to focus on the internals? I fear that my skin will just keep growing and growing until i have a foreskin I can tie a knot in! :-P

Hangar Sizing: Being around 5.5" erect girth, i ordered the standard hangar rather than the starter. However i am finding that in order for the hangar to be tight enough, with a little play left in the meshing of the top teeth, i need the bottom nuts adjusted such that the hangar is more like this | | than this / \. Consequently, the 'well' at the bottom is pretty minimal, and instead of sitting in it nicely my shaft prefers instead to rise and rotate, such that the corpora cavernosa are more atop each other than they are side by side.
    It is almost as if the hangar is too big for me, which is perplexing because I had thought i had a reasonably large girth, and I am wrapping fairly generously with a strip of 2x20 theraband.
    Q: Do i need more wrap? Or should i consider investing in the Bib Starter to get me going?

Ok, that about covers it. Hopefully i'm not making you repeat yourself. I have been reading the forums extensively and learnt heaps, but still experiencing a little trouble getting started.

Thanks for your time!

__________________________________________________ _______

Bogomir,

>Skin Stretching: You have said that the first step is to stretch the skin, and then move onto internals. However, the only way i can seem to get the hangar to 'grip' is when the skin at the base of the shaft is taunt. If i 'smooth' the skin toward the base too much (note that i am uncut) when i wrap, the hangar just wants to ride all the way back down toward the head until the skin is taking the weight again.<

You are not grasping the internals of the shaft, and the hanger is sliding down. That is fine for skin stretch, and is needed at various points in the gaining process. But you MUST learn to grasp the internals in order to stretch the internals, ligs and tunica, the deformation of which leads to gains.

>Q: If i am always reliant on skin to get the hangar to 'grip', will i ever be able to focus on the internals?<

No. OR at least not to any great extent. I am sure the internals are taking some stress, but not in a dedicated fashion.

>I fear that my skin will just keep growing and growing until i have a foreskin I can tie a knot in!<

That would be possible.

>Hangar Sizing: Being around 5.5" erect girth, i ordered the standard hangar rather than the starter. However i am finding that in order for the hangar to be tight enough, with a little play left in the meshing of the top teeth, i need the bottom nuts adjusted such that the hangar is more like this | | than this / \.<

Then you are not using enough wrap. It is all relative...The more wrap you use, the larger your WFG, wrapped flaccid girth. The larger the WFG, the more you can move the adjustment hex nuts out.

>Consequently, the 'well' at the bottom is pretty minimal, and instead of sitting in it nicely my shaft prefers instead to rise and rotate, such that the corpora cavernosa are more atop each other than they are side by side.<

Yes, that is exactly what happens when the wrap is not right, and the bottom gap is not wide enough.

>It is almost as if the hangar is too big for me, which is perplexing because I had thought i had a reasonably large girth, and I am wrapping fairly generously with a strip of 2x20 theraband.<

5.5 inches should be large enough to use the regular effectively. But the regular is much harder to learn to use than the Starter, hence the name. For using the regular, that amount of wrap is not too much. In fact, you probably will benefit from using a thin sweat shirt, jersey, underwrap. And also probably more Tband.

You MUST get the geometry correct, in order to use the hanger correctly.

>Q: Do i need more wrap?<

Yes.

>Or should i consider investing in the Bib Starter to get me going?<

The Starter is much easier to learn to use, has more adjustment and attachment options, etc. I do not have a full understanding of how bad your problems are. We can work on getting the regular to work properly, and then you can make a decision as to whether you want to try the Starter model.

Another thing: I do not know what weight you are currently trying to use. You MUST learn to hang correctly at lower weights, and condition the soft tissues correctly starting at lower weights. Much easier. So make sure you are using five lbs or less to get started.

Then, increase your WFG, and learn to tighten and retighten the hanger, until it grips the internals correctly.
    >Ok, that about covers it. Hopefully i'm not making you repeat yourself. I have been reading the forums extensively and learnt heaps, but still experiencing a little trouble getting started.<

It is relatively tougher to get started using the regular. No doubt. I will do everything I can to help you.

Bigger

Re: Beginner Hurdles

Hi again Bib

Following on from above, I have been experimenting with more wrap in an effort to get the hangar to grip tight enough, with some progress. In the meantime tho I just wanted to clarify something: When the hangar is properly attached, and not reliant on skin tension - is the internal grip coming from the hangar pushing on the 'shoulder' that forms between the compressed sponge under the hangar and the fluid-filled, uncompressed sponge between the hangar and glans? Or, is the hangar simply supposed to be gripping the internals all the way along the 2 inches of compression within the hanger's length?

Something you said in another post: "Generally, the more wrap you use, the harder it is for the hanger to grasp the internals."
    Is that because the wads of padding reduce the 'shoulder' effect of the hangar biting into the shaft?

The reason i ask is because at the moment i am working with a 1.5"x25" strip of crepe bandage, followed by a similar strip of Tband. That much padding is allowing me to widen the bottom gap a little, and my shaft seems to be sitting better - but still having trouble getting the hangar to 'grip' tight enough, and not travel to the point where the skin is taking most of the load.

Is the above amount of wrap nearing the point of 'too much', do you think?

I still need to do some more experimentation, but unfortunately I have another problem! In my enthuthiasm to get the hangar to grip tight enough I have managed to strip the thread on the top bolt. Admittedly I was winding it fairly tight.. but I think it was mostly because the shape of the white mould seems to push upon one side of the wing nut more than the other, causing it to try to spin at an angle not quite perpendicular to the bolt - leading to a stripped thread.

Anyway I've been to the local hardware store to try and find a replacement, but here in NZ we only seem to have metric stuff. 3mm was too small, 4mm is a bit large but would probably work if it weren't for the hex nut which was also a bit big, and doesn't slot into the hex groove on the left.

Do you know of any easy metric fixes that others have come up with? Or are you able to send me out a couple of spare bolts?

Lastly, do you have any BibStarter seconds available? I havn't given up on the standard hanger yet, but if you have a second lying around I might be tempted to grab that along with the spare bolts :-)

Thanks!

Comment

Bogomir,

>When the hangar is properly attached, and not reliant on skin tension - is the internal grip coming from the hangar pushing on the 'shoulder' that forms between the compressed sponge under the hangar and the fluid-filled, uncompressed sponge between the hangar and glans? Or, is the hangar simply supposed to be gripping the internals all the way along the 2 inches of compression within the hanger's length?<

The hanger should grip the internals all along the inner surface area of the hanger. This bunches the collagenous tissues in front of the hanger.

>"Generally, the more wrap you use, the harder it is for the hanger to grasp the internals."
      Is that because the wads of padding reduce the 'shoulder' effect of the hangar biting into the shaft?<

Yes.

>The reason i ask is because at the moment i am working with a 1.5"x25" strip of crepe bandage, followed by a similar strip of Tband. That much padding is allowing me to widen the bottom gap a little, and my shaft seems to be sitting better - but still having trouble getting the hangar to 'grip' tight enough, and not travel to the point where the skin is taking most of the load.

Is the above amount of wrap nearing the point of 'too much', do you think?<

No. I would say that is not too much. You had other troubles with the tightening, which is keeping you from tightening enough. I would not look to the wrap as the problem.

>In my enthuthiasm to get the hangar to grip tight enough I have managed to strip the thread on the top bolt. Admittedly I was winding it fairly tight.. but I think it was mostly because the shape of the white mould seems to push upon one side of the wing nut more than the other, causing it to try to spin at an angle not quite perpendicular to the bolt - leading to a stripped thread.<

I am not sure of your description, but it sounds like you are not getting the tightening washer seated properly in the right side washer well. Either that, or you are not using the washer at all? That would not be good.

Also, check to make sure you are getting the shaft as low as possible in the shaft well. You do not want to tighten the top of the hanger directly on the shaft, with the shaft high in the shaft well. The lower the shaft is in the well, the easier it is to tighten, and the better the hanger can grip. But be careful that you are not just tightening one side of the hanger against the other side of the hanger.

>Anyway I've been to the local hardware store to try and find a replacement, but here in NZ we only seem to have metric stuff. 3mm was too small, 4mm is a bit large but would probably work if it weren't for the hex nut which was also a bit big, and doesn't slot into the hex groove on the left.

Do you know of any easy metric fixes that others have come up with?<

Not unless you have a dremel to enlarge the left side hex nut seat. I would not recommend that. A good hardware store should have English unit machine screws. That is a #8, round head, 2.5 inch machine screw.

>Or are you able to send me out a couple of spare bolts?<

I can do that for the postage. Not sure how much it will be to NZ.

>Lastly, do you have any BibStarter seconds available? I havn't given up on the standard hanger yet, but if you have a second lying around I might be tempted to grab that along with the spare bolts<

Yes.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bib, thanks for your replies.

No, i've definitely been using the washer. However, your caution against tightening one side of the hanger against the other might be bang on I think. Looking at some pics, I see that most people have a wee gap between the top teeth, even when the hangar is fully tightened - but I've probably been jamming my teeth together a bit tight, in my efforts to get the hanger to grip.

So once again it comes back to my getting the hanger adjusted properly and finding the right amount of wrap, which I'll get back into as soon as I get my hanger fixed.

I will email you shortly re the replacement bolts, and the possibility of a Starter.

Thanks!

Comment

Bogomir,

>However, your caution against tightening one side of the hanger against the other might be bang on I think. Looking at some pics, I see that most people have a wee gap between the top teeth, even when the hangar is fully tightened - but I've probably been jamming my teeth together a bit tight, in my efforts to get the hanger to grip. <

You ALWAYS have to have a bit of top gap, at least so you can tighten more if needed. But you surely cannot tighten one side against the other. That does nothing but threaten the hanger.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
          X