This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The penis- structures and layout

Thought it might be helpful to have visuals of the how the penis is constructed as well as pics of the things we are trying to deform and affect with our PE efforts.

Taken from this link.

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/edu/ref/ga/l/1154.gif

This pic shows the separate relationship of the CCs and the CS. Notice how the CCs attach to the pubic bone at the base. Notice how they are wider the closer you get to the attatchment point. PE that pulls out and exposes this wider base is most likely what leads to girth gains there, as the tissues in that area are naturally wider.

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/edu/ref/ga/l/1155.gif

Cross section of the shaft. Note that each CC is wrapped in tunica, or 'fibrous tissue" then the both CCs and the CS are wrapped in another tunica/fibrous bundle. In the top center of this is a white triangle with a white area below it between the two CCs. This is the septum, the thickest part of the tunica that is hit by the rice sock fulcrum hanging or fulcrum assisted manual stretching. In my mind it is the toughest part of the penis to deform via PE, not only because of it's thickness but up until recently the difficulty isolating force directly upon it.

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/edu/ref/ga/l/1156.gif

Nice side view drawing of the entire area. Note the "symphysis pubis", or the pubic bone. See how it cuves up then down. Attached to it, securing the penis shaft to the pubic bone is the suspensory lig. This is the primary structure we are trying to deform via hanging or manual stretching straight down or BTC. With this visual it's easy to see that lengthing this lig allows more of the shaft to hang away from the body. How much it does or does not corresponds with LOT. This pic doesn't do a good job of showing the fundiform lig, which cradles the shaft from below, but it is worked with the same angles as the suspensory as well as OTL.

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/edu/ref/ga/l/1158.gif

This pic shows the arterial blood supply to the penis. Note how the arteries are fed primarily from two branches as the base. This is why it is important to tourniquet either with a manual grip or wrap/ring/clamp as close to the base as possible, to cut off all blood supply at the appropriate time.

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/edu/ref/ga/l/1159.gif

This pic shows the vein structure taking blood out of the penis. Like the arterial structure, it all comes together at the base.

Hope this helps

Here's a color cross section that shows things a little clearer-

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...1/50312306.JPG

The yellowish around the shaft is the skin. The white area is the tunica/fibrous tissue. The lower circle is the CS, with the urethra being the hole in the middle. The yellow surrounding the two upper circles, the CCs, is tunica/fibrous tissue, with the septum being the triangle areas. The red circles at the top are the arteries, the blue circles are veins and the smaller green circles are nerves.

Note the red circles in the middle of the two CCs. These are the deep arteries that are eventually squeezed off when doing extreme ulis, to prevent blood from back flowing out of them and maintaining maximum pressure ahead of the tournequet grip or uli thing.

The reddish/purple areas in the CCs and CS are what fill with blood when getting an erection. Engorging these areas is what puts the outward pressure on the tunica when doing girth work or jelqing.

Comment

Here's a great page in color that does a good job showing everything-

http://www.andrologyjournal.org/content ... 3-f03.jpeg

When you have the pic up, you can click on it to enlarge it.

If only PE were that easy

Interestingly this info claims the outer tunica layer has the longitudal fibers, and inner CC tunicas have the circular fibers. I know Bib's discussed both these before, but I wasn't sure exactly how they were laid out.

Comment

RB,

A great set of tools. Thanks very much. It is always easier to accomplish something when you can visualize what it is you are attempting to affect.

Bigger

Comment

You're welcome

I agree, for me, being able to visualize exactly what and where I am applying stress in a direction that will provide the most benefit is critical.

For instance, on the suspensory lig, it's easy to see that not only does it need to be lengthened, but also pulled forward to allow more inner shaft to be exposed.

With the last link, I found it enlightening to see the amount of smooth muscle surrounding the shaft and how far out it extends from the body. I assume these are the muscles primarily responsible for the involuntary tug back or kick back one feels at certain angles, which coincidentally, I've again begun experiencing for the first time in a long time since finding a way to target my septum and suspensory lig shaft attachement point

Comment

How do you tell the difference between the upper and lower shaft?

Comment

E,

Don't quite know what you mean. The top two chambers, CCs, make up the majority of the body of the penis, and provide the rigidity.

The bottom chamber, the CS, is smaller, less turgid during an erection, and contains the urethra for urination and ejaculation.

Bigger

Comment

E,

Hmmm, very tired. Did not read your question so good.

I guess the easiest way to tell is to find the CS. It runs along the bottom of the shaft, a ridge, and you can probably actually feel the urethra inside. The rest of the shaft consists of the CCs.

Bigger

Comment

If you meant outer and inner, I've always figured the shaft between the body and the suspensory lig shaft attachement point to be inner. Everything past that to the head is outer.

Comment

Well I was just talking about you know what creates the upward curve. The shorter upper shaft, and was looking at these picture to try and figure out how this would look like in real life. It kinda still baffles me now, I just can't picture it at the moment.

So does the septum fully encircle the CC's?, then the fibrous fully encircles them.

OK so the CS would be longer than the CC to create an upward curve?

thanks.

Comment

E,

>So does the septum fully encircle the CC's?, then the fibrous fully encircles them.<

As with any type of "septum", it means a point at which two or more things meet. In this case, it is where the individual tunica wrappings of the chambers meet. It is a thicker area of collagenous material.

Therefore, the septum does not encircle the CCs, the individual tunica of the CCs do. Then, there is another layer of tunica that encircles all of the chambers.

>OK so the CS would be longer than the CC to create an upward curve?<

Well, I would say the CS would have to be longer in and upward curve situation. But I would not say particularly that the longer CS would cause the upward curve. It would seem that the CCs would have to have an upward curve as well.

Bigger

Comment

Re: The penis- structures and layout

Excellent color drawing showing the relation of the suspensory lig, inner and outer penis and pubic bone-

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/penis/MC00026

Ignore their nonsense, scroll down and click on the drawing to enlarge it. If only PE were that simple

Bib, what's your take on the accuracy of this drawing, namely the suspensory lig only attaching to the pubic bone higher up, not all the way to it's base?

Comment

RB,

Great to see you.

>Bib, what's your take on the accuracy of this drawing, namely the suspensory lig only attaching to the pubic bone higher up, not all the way to it's base?<

It is just a drawing, trying to depict in a clear fashion the susp ligs. If they put them as they are, at least for most guys, it would not be as clear.

There are three or four drawings that I put in another thread somewhere that are probably better.

But at least it shows the shaft running up the face of the pubic bone somewhat.

Bigger

Comment

Good to read you too. I lurk a lot, but have been swamped for a long time now.

Found this that is pretty nice- A cross section 3D model that you can zoom in and pan, plus it's labeled. Makes things very easy to see, especially as it relates to lig stretching and the inner/outer shaft relationship-

Here.

Comment

Here's a nice view of the pelvic bone structure. The yellow area in the front is the front of the pubic bone. How short and tight your suspensory ligs are in relation to the top, middle and bottom of this relate to what Bib is illustrating in the mirror and palpation thread sticky as well as the LOT theory, and shows your potential for length gains when hanging BTC.

If you imagine a penis hanging from this yellow strip, if the top of the shaft is inline with with the top of this yellow strip, it would be a high LOT with great potential for "quick" gains from BTC hanging. If the top of the shaft is more in line with the middle of the yellow strip, LOT is lower but there is still potential for length gains from BTC hanging. If the top of the shaft is in line with the bottom of the yellow strip, LOT is most likely very low and one would be wise to concentrate on tunica stretching at the upper angles of straight out (with and without the rsdt fulcrum) or OTS.

Comment

Working...
                              X