Wrapping Technique and pain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrapping Technique and pain

Bib hope you don't mind helping me with another question on wrapping. i looked through the forums and cant find the answer. When i wrap i only use the theraband but after a session when i take it off its almost like its sticking to the shaft and it hurts like crazy taking it off most of the times. So what can i do to prevent this? Also i'm wondering just how tight it should be? just tight enough to keep it at length when flaccid but not tight enough to cause blood to pool in the Head? Is there a way to wrap to stop so much of the skin to roll forward making the hanger really close to the head? its not like the hangers slipping. its more like all my skin rolls forward. Final question. When i'm hanging in the later sets i get this feeling almost where my scrotum meets the shaft like they are tearing away from one another what is this?

HangingVegan,

Please keep all of your questions on ONE thread, in ONE forum.

>Bib hope you don't mind helping me with another question on wrapping. i looked through the forums and cant find the answer. When i wrap i only use the theraband but after a session when i take it off its almost like its sticking to the shaft and it hurts like crazy taking it off most of the times. So what can i do to prevent this?<

For the sticking Tband, there are two options:

You can use a cloth underwrap, then overwrap with the Tband. Use thin sweat shirt, jersey material, and wrap it loose. Or use that boxing wrap stuff in the Basics section.

>IF you do not need an underwrap, then it is very easy to pop the Tband bundle loose. Simply grasp the Tband bundle in an OK grip, and then grasp the skin behind the wrap in an OK grip, and pull your hands apart. The Tband should pop loose from the skin, without any pain. Begin to unwrap, and if you find the wrap sticking further up the shaft, repeat the above instructions.<

Credit to Dino for that.

>Also i'm wondering just how tight it should be? just tight enough to keep it at length when flaccid but not tight enough to cause blood to pool in the Head? <

Surely the first. But it is not unusual to wrap tight enough to retard return blood flow. Very easy to get out the excess blood before the next set. The first couple of passes toward the head should be passive. No tension. Then, as you spiral down, you should pull a bit of tension on those later passes, to form a solid, stable bundle.

Every good wrapped bundle should have these characteristics:
    Enough wrapped shaft to attach the hanger at least a quarter inch behind the leading edge of the wrap, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft.

If possible, enough wrapped shaft to tape the last pass BEHIND the hanger attachment area.

ONE pass of wrap at the top, toward the head, then drop back an eighth inch for the next pass, then another eighth inch for the next. This is to prevent a hard edge of wrap pushing against the nerve bundle, on top of the shaft, behind the head.

Then enough wrapped girth, so that you can make the bottom gap larger than the top gap, when the hanger is very tight. Top teeth almost to slightly meshed.

Next, the first passes of wrap need to be passive, with little tension on them. Then, you pull more tension on the later passes, where the hanger attaches, to make a solid, stable bundle. This effectively collects the skin, and prevents pinching.

Use the least amount of wrap possible to meet those criteria.

>Is there a way to wrap to stop so much of the skin to roll forward making the hanger really close to the head? its not like the hangers slipping. its more like all my skin rolls forward.<

It depends on how much skin is moving forward. If you start the wrap close enough to the head, and tighten the hanger properly, you can have almost no skin move forward. But when the hanger bunches the internals forward, forming the shoulders, there will be some skin that pushes forward also.

If you have a lot of skin moving forward, then you are not effectively grasping the internals.

>Final question. When i'm hanging in the later sets i get this feeling almost where my scrotum meets the shaft like they are tearing away from one another what is this?<

I have no idea. Never heard that one before. I experienced all manner of odd feelings while hanging, but I cannot say I would describe any like that.

Bigger

Comment

Alright i've been doing what you said works like a charm.

As far as the pain i''m feeling i guess its like the sac is being pulled does that make sense? its like a pressure down around the testicles between sets 7-9

Comment

HangingVegan,

>Alright i've been doing what you said works like a charm.<

That is great.

>As far as the pain i''m feeling i guess its like the sac is being pulled does that make sense?<

No. The scrotum ususally has plenty of extra skin, to keep from stretching. That is why turkey neck occurs.

>its like a pressure down around the testicles between sets 7-9<

Be sure you pull up the scrotum on each side when hanging BTC. IOW, tuck the middle of the scrotum up under the outer shaft. Between the outer shaft and body. See if that helps.

Bigger

Comment

Hey bib seems like the problem was a limiting factor of some sort as the last few days i havnt experienced the issue. it was prevelant for a couple weeks, hope it stays gone.

I mad it to 10 pounds last week, moving up one pound/week and well i cant even hang one set BTC with ten pounds but i was able to do 2 sets BTC with 9 pounds and do a total of 6 out of 9 sets BTC by the end of it now i cant do one and its only a pound more, whats the deal? since its the start of the new week and i couldnt make it to the end of 2 sets with ten pounds hanging SD should i continue hanging 10 pounds this week also, until i can hang BTC again?

Comment

HangingVegan,

>Hey bib seems like the problem was a limiting factor of some sort as the last few days i havnt experienced the issue. it was prevelant for a couple weeks, hope it stays gone.<

Good.

>I mad it to 10 pounds last week, moving up one pound/week and well i cant even hang one set BTC with ten pounds but i was able to do 2 sets BTC with 9 pounds and do a total of 6 out of 9 sets BTC by the end of it now i cant do one and its only a pound more, whats the deal?<

It makes no difference what the numbers on the plates say. It is NOT the weight, it is fatigue. If you cannot handle your max weight because of target tissue fatigue, it is a GOOD thing. This is about collagenous tissue deformation, NOT a weight lifting competition.

>since its the start of the new week and i couldnt make it to the end of 2 sets with ten pounds hanging SD should i continue hanging 10 pounds this week also, until i can hang BTC again?<

If I understand correctly, that sounds right. You cannot hang BTC because of fatigue using ten lbs. If BTC is giving a better stretch at 9 lbs, than SD at ten lbs, then do BTC. If you can come close to BTC using ten lbs, then more than likely you will be able to hang full BTC shortly.

Good questions.

Bigger

Comment

yeah the issues resolved themselves apparently after coming back to hanging monday i was able to do a set BTC with max weight. Its sometimes difficult to remember longer not stronger. I get focused a little to much on the weights but as usual your right. Anyways id like to know if having sex everyday is ok while hanging?

Comment

HangingVegan,

>Anyways id like to know if having sex everyday is ok while hanging?<

Surely.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                X