Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I lean back for SD?

Hello guys,

When I hang SD and lean back a little on the chair it feels like muscles from around my lower stomach are being pulled whereas if I don't lean back I don't get that extra stretch. I'm assuming that pull is what you want to feel and would like to confirm if that's correct. But I don't want to accidentally start working BTC when I am trying to work SD. So I'm just checking to make sure if leaning back isn't actually working BTC instead.

Kfang,

>When I hang SD and lean back a little on the chair it feels like muscles from around my lower stomach are being pulled whereas if I don't lean back I don't get that extra stretch. I'm assuming that pull is what you want to feel and would like to confirm if that's correct.<

It is something most guys feel, but it is not anything that you must feel for success. The lower abdominal sheeting that covers the lower abs, is connected to the top of the pubic bone. The ligs that hold the shaft up in many if not most guys, is attached to the pubic bone. So, when hanging SD to BTC, it is normal to feel some stretch in the lower abs.

>But I don't want to accidentally start working BTC when I am trying to work SD. So I'm just checking to make sure if leaning back isn't actually working BTC instead.<

First, why don't you wish to use BTC?

Next, the further you lean back, and the more your pelvis becomes parallel to the floor, the closer to BTC you get. There are 90 degrees of stretch between SD and BTC, depending on the attitude of the pelvis.

Bigger

Comment

Bigger,

>First, why don't you wish to use BTC?<

I most definitely want to do BTC!

I remember reading on the forum not to do the shotgun approach of choosing random hanging positions. I wanted to make sure I wasn't accidentally performing a different stretch than the one I'm trying to target. Currently I'm working my way up 20 minutes on 10 minutes off, doing 3 sets of SD and 1 set of BTC. I just didn't want to accidentally be doing 4 sets of BTC and 0 SD.

Kfang
      Last edited by Kfang; 12-11-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Kfang,

>I remember reading on the forum not to do the shotgun approach of choosing random hanging positions<

Hanging SD and BTC in the same session, even the same set, if not the shotgun approach. With both, you are targeting the same structures. Just a little more or less in some, depending on the degree of hang.

>I wanted to make sure I wasn't accidentally performing a different stretch than the one I'm trying to target. Currently I'm working my way up 20 minutes on 10 minutes off, doing 3 sets of SD and 1 set of BTC. I just didn't want to accidentally be doing 4 sets of BTC and 0 SD.<

Just go for the lower angle that gives the best stretch, at any point in time. It could change from set to set.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
        X