Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I pump with hanging?

Hi!

I have been consistently getting fluid build up near the back of the glans. The amount of fluid build up fluctuates depending on a few factors like whether or not I increased weight or hanging time. I gradually increased my hanging weight each week and am currently hanging at 4 sets of 17.5 lbs 20 on 10 off. I would like to increase hanging time but my time doesnt allow for it so I have only been increasing weight.

I know bib made it clear not to work on girth while hanging. So I have stuck with just hanging with light stretching/warm up prior. Sometimes the fluid build up can be a bit much and it's hard to jelq to try and distribute the fluid back. Would it be advisable to use a bathmate pump for very low amount of pressure and time to try and redistribute the fluid build up and help with blood flow? Or will that be considered working the girth? I dont want to accidentally start working on girth.

Best,
    Kfang

Kfang,

>I have been consistently getting fluid build up near the back of the glans. The amount of fluid build up fluctuates depending on a few factors like whether or not I increased weight or hanging time. I gradually increased my hanging weight each week and am currently hanging at 4 sets of 17.5 lbs 20 on 10 off. I would like to increase hanging time but my time doesnt allow for it so I have only been increasing weight.<

Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those.

>I know bib made it clear not to work on girth while hanging. So I have stuck with just hanging with light stretching/warm up prior. Sometimes the fluid build up can be a bit much and it's hard to jelq to try and distribute the fluid back.<

Usually edema occurs over the course of a session. Then, it does down by itself until the next session. Is that not what happens for you?

If it is occurring quickly, then I would guess your wrap is way too tight, or you are hanging with a lot of excess blood in the head and upper shaft.

>Would it be advisable to use a bathmate pump for very low amount of pressure and time to try and redistribute the fluid build up and help with blood flow?<

No. Pumping will only increase edema.

>Or will that be considered working the girth? I dont want to accidentally start working on girth.<

You do not want to do anything that will ADD to the edema.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks for the information, I will not use the bathmate then.

>Usually edema occurs over the course of a session. Then, it does down by itself until the next session. Is that not what happens for you?<

Over the course of the sets the edema build up becomes more and more intense. The edema does start to dissipate between sets but not fast enough before the 10 minutes are up. I think maybe I should increase the downtime between sets?

Comment

Kfang,

>Over the course of the sets the edema build up becomes more and more intense. The edema does start to dissipate between sets but not fast enough before the 10 minutes are up. I think maybe I should increase the downtime between sets?<

No. You cannot expect significant edema reduction between sets. You need to keep it from happening to that extent.

I was writing about sessions. By the END of your sessions...NOT a set, you may have some fluid buildup. Then, by the next day, normally the edema is gone.

If you are building up edema in ONE set, then you have some fairly severe technique issues...listed above.

Bigger

Comment

Would you mind if I email you pictures of my hanging technique for evaluation so I can correct these issues?

Comment

Kfang,

>Would you mind if I email you pictures of my hanging technique for evaluation so I can correct these issues?<

That is fine.

I need four pictures only.

1. Wrapped bundle taken from the top of the shaft. Grasp the head and stretch out the shaft.

2. Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger.

3. Attachment point, hanger on, not tightened, taken from the top of the shaft.

4. Hanging pictures, taken from the top of the shaft. I must be able to see the head.

Please indicate the set in which the pictures were taken; 1st, 2nd, last, etc.

Be sure to detail any problems you are having, so that I can address them.

Be sure to attach the pictures to the email. Do NOT embed them.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X