Ramping up weight in bucket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramping up weight in bucket?

Anybody try hanging a bucket from the hanger and add weights during your sets?

This idea intrigues me.

soloniikii,

>Anybody try hanging a bucket from the hanger and add weights during your sets?<

Maybe a couple. I have heard of several guys using baskets with lighter plates.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
      soloniikii,

>Anybody try hanging a bucket from the hanger and add weights during your sets?<

Maybe a couple. I have heard of several guys using baskets with lighter plates.

Bigger
      Bigger,

Do you see any advantage to this? I think one could slowly up the weight to ones working weight on the first set. Then stick to that weight or even have some intervals on upcoming sets.

Comment

soloniikii,

>Do you see any advantage to this? <

Yes. You do not have to organize your weight stack for the sets. When you want to reduce, just pick out how much you want to go down from the basket,

Con is that you have to reach further, probably pulling up the entire basket to get out the plates you want. With each plate individually hooked to the hook, you just take off the next one on the hook.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
          soloniikii,

>Do you see any advantage to this? <

Yes. You do not have to organize your weight stack for the sets. When you want to reduce, just pick out how much you want to go down from the basket,

Con is that you have to reach further, probably pulling up the entire basket to get out the plates you want. With each plate individually hooked to the hook, you just take off the next one on the hook.

Bigger
          I like your hook (could be string) idea to lessen the weight. Thanks for that great tip.

Comment

Working...
          X