2nd photo warped screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd photo warped screw

Hello Bigger and Team. This is the second photo for your review. Should I buy another Hanger ? What are your thoughts? Thank you
    sincerely Peforlife1 Ron
    Attached Files

Bigger and Team. Please be advised

‘Question, I ran into a glitch, The wing nut on the hanger. Or I should say the main top screw seems to have lost its threading. I’m unable to tighten the hanger to mesh the 2 joining teeth together as the weight is increasing. This happened at week 39, 10 lbs.
    Is way I can fix this without having to purchase another Hanger ? Thank you
    sincerely peforlife1
    thank you Bigger.from Ron

Comment

Peforlife1,

pe,

>Copy that , I’ll run to Home Depot and seek assistance- <

You need a three inch, #8, round head machine screw. Get some Vaseline to use as lube as well. Be sure you lube every other day or so.

You will need pliers, and a screw driver. Put the screw driver as backup on the left side of the top bolt. Use the pliers to remove the outer acorn nut. If any glue is stuck to the end of the top bolt, use the pliers to get it off.

Make sure the left side hex nut does not turn in the left side hex nut well.

Then take off the wing nut and double washer.

Open the hanger, and use the handle of the screw driver to knock the top bolt out of it's seat.

Spin the new hex nut onto the new bolt, to the base. Put the new bolt back through the left side. Put on the double washer, and the new wing nut. Glue the acorn nut back on.

Lube the top bolt. Put the screw driver handle in the shaft well. Tighten the top bolt squeezing the handle of the screw driver. Tighten down on the wing nut, drawing the left side hex nut into the left side hex nut well.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bigger, I hope you don’t mind, I have a couple questions, firstly, I had no idea you had hip surgery as well as covid and the stroke. Wow ! May I ask how did that happen? Damn you are a survivor, I admire your will power, So regarding PE , I’m hovering around 12 lbs as long as possible until I get very un comfortable and ride the fatigue. At that point, I have to drop it down to 10 lbs. I think I’m stuck in a mental rut. I’m Trying to stay healthy and active,
        1.Question, while doing btc hanging, does that make your hip joints sore.? I’m noticing more hip discomfort while after I hang. I go to the gym regularly to combat my hi blood pressure and depression, I have from ptsd while with the US Marines, I want to win this battle and to be honest I feel like after a year of solid hanging I hit a wall mentality and physically as in burn out. I’m also trying to juggle health, Any suggestions You may have to stay mentally motivated when I’m not happy with the gains? This really is a total commitment… have a great Sunday sincerely peforlife1​

Comment

Peforlife1,

>Hi Bigger, I hope you don’t mind, I have a couple questions, firstly, I had no idea you had hip surgery as well as covid and the stroke. Wow ! May I ask how did that happen? Damn you are a survivor, I admire your will power, <

It is a long story. The short version is, about a year ago, I had a couple of episodes of stroke symptoms, which quickly went away. During the second set, my wife said that's it, and took me to the hospital. Up till then, I thought I was in good shape with no worries, except my hip. That was the only big pain. So they put me in the hospital, and over the course of a week found an old asymptomatic heart attack. The heart attack caused a dead spot in the apex of my heart, which caused swirling of my blood in that chamber, which caused a clot. Part of the clot broke off and caused the strokes.

So a couple months later I got Covid, and spent another week in the hospital. Finally kicked that. Somewhere in all that my GP did a PSA test. Found it to be 61. Apparently that is bad. So they did the biopsy crap and bone scans and said I have stage 4 metastatic cancer. So I started on drugs for that. All in all, a pretty suck year. But I feel pretty good now, and my urologist recommended me to a great orthopedist who did my hip. So after a year, I take a lot of drugs, and have a new hip, which had hurt off and on for over 40 years.

>So regarding PE , I’m hovering around 12 lbs as long as possible until I get very un comfortable and ride the fatigue. At that point, I have to drop it down to 10 lbs. I think I’m stuck in a mental rut. I’m Trying to stay healthy and active,
          1.Question, while doing btc hanging, does that make your hip joints sore.?<

For me, exactly the opposite. Stretching out seemed to make the entire area more comfortable. Though I do not know why. Nothing stretched is directly connected to the hips.

>I’m noticing more hip discomfort while after I hang.<

Then you probably should stop. There is no reason to make hanging a passion. You are most probably big enough for anything anyway.

>I go to the gym regularly to combat my hi blood pressure and depression, I have from ptsd while with the US Marines, I want to win this battle and to be honest I feel like after a year of solid hanging I hit a wall mentality and physically as in burn out. I’m also trying to juggle health, Any suggestions You may have to stay mentally motivated when I’m not happy with the gains? This really is a total commitment… have a great Sunday sincerely peforlife1​<

Just drop the hanging and go find something else more productive to do. Something you like better. My deal is and has always been to help someone else. Generally with my time. Sometimes they make me regret it, but usually, it makes me feel great. Then, I want to keep going and help provide for my wife and family. They don't need me for that, but I like to think I make their lives better. So if hanging is not giving you returns, move on to something that will. At some point, you may come back to it. But there is no reason for it to make you unhappy.

Bigger

Comment

Good morning Bigger, Thanks for your reply and advice, I think I’m overthinking and getting in my own way , too much in my head, I know gains will happen and making this a obsession may be counterproductive, I’ll do what you advised and be better to myself and lend a helping hand to a friend , I’m glad your health is centered and you are doing good, your a superior coach and mentor, have a nice day. Sincerely peforlife1

Comment

Working...
            X