Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products for weights and attaching them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products for weights and attaching them.

Forgive me if I’ve missed an important resource on here, but I’m a total newbie and just got the bib hanger and my first question is how do weights ideally attach to it (I see there is an s-hook), what types you use, where’s the best place to purchase these weights? Any specifics on this would be helpful. I’ve read as much as I can on all of the basic beginning articles but I haven’t seen this addressed. Again, apologies if this is a repeat question or I missed a resource pertaining to this, but I would appreciate any guidance or direction because doing things properly is important to me.

And lastly the best starting weight. I already have considerable (a bit over 7”) girth (having never done PE), so would this require more starting weight?

thanks so much !

Bignjboy,

>I’m a total newbie and just got the bib hanger and my first question is how do weights ideally attach to it (I see there is an s-hook)<

Tie a cord or wire through each weight plate to suspend from the S hook.

>, what types you use, where’s the best place to purchase these weights? <

Most guys use weight plates from old barbell sets. You can buy individual barbell plates from most good sporting goods stores. Or you can buy them online. Search Amazon for weight plates. You can usually buy used weight sets off the net. Check Craigslist.

Other guys use bottles of water, putting them in a shallow basket with a short handle. A quart weighs about two lbs.

I would recommend getting a couple of 1 lbers, a 2.5 lber, a couple of 5 lbers, and perhaps a couple of tens. That would give you all the weight you would need for the foreseeable future.

If you need smaller increments, you can get quarter lb packages of fishing weights. Just tape two packages together to make a half lb weight.

>And lastly the best starting weight. I already have considerable (a bit over 7”) girth (having never done PE), so would this require more starting weight?<

You should have received the NOS email with the stress progression including starting weight. If not, email me and I will send it again.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
    X